GOOGLE SHOPPING FEED FORMAT SPECIFICATION
Polyvore’s Shop page is where millions of users discover and initiate purchases of products they love. This document explains how to be included in our product listings using the Google Shopping Feed format.
In order for your products to appear within the Polyvore Shop, you must meet the requirements introduced below and further detailed in this document:
- Images must be at least 350x350px, and 500x500 or larger is preferred. No larger than 3MB allowed.
- Please follow Google Shopping Feed US target market requirements for "age_group" and "gender" fields, regardless of your selected target market(s)
- Deliver a detailed and final product feed using a tab-separated file format (“.tsv”) via a URL
- Ensure the file is hosted and downloadable from your own server (HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP protocol)
- Address all feed issues identified in the initial review as required revisions
- Appoint a reliable and responsive contact that can address feed issues on an ongoing basis
- For CPC program tracking, provide Polyvore-specific static Advertiser-Level tracking parameters (note: required as backup even when Product-Level tracking is used)
1. GOOGLE SHOPPING FEED FORMAT
Please provide the URL of your tab-separated feed file, with the feed file formatted as tab-delimited txt, .tsv (tab separated values), RSS XML, or Atom XML. If the file needs to be zipped, use gzip only. We do not support SFTP at this time.
- Polyvore shows only Women and Men's Fashion and Accessories, Beauty, and Home items in Shop. We may ask that you remove items from your feed that fall outside of these product categories.
- Feeds must be in English
- Each line item should have a unique image URL, with no image URLs duplicated
- No promotional text, e.g. “free shipping”
- All items must be buyable via your shopping cart—no email or call to complete order products
- Feed must contain only in-stock items
- Feed must be kept updated: feed must consistently reflect the same prices and product availability as found on your site
- Only one currency allowed per feed
- No unlicensed content allowed in images or text
- Please make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces or tabs before or after field values.
- Recommended size 500 x 500 px
- Minimum size 350 x 350 px
- Not more than 3MB in size
- Each product should have a unique image (e.g. no outfit images shared between multiple products)
- Flat product shot on white background preferred
- No celebrity content
- No watermarks
- No promotional text (e.g. free shipping, new)
- No overlaid borders or images
INTERNATIONAL GUIDELINES (UK, CA, AU SUPPORTED):
- If you’re providing feeds for multiple regions, please be aware that we can only accept multiple feeds when the domains are identical. For example, we cannot accept US and UKfeeds when the US version is yourdomain.com and the UK version is yourdomain.co.uk.
- If you offer the ability to shop in country currencies, a separate feed must be supplied per currency
- Please confirm in advance through your Polyvore Account Executive that we are able to accept multiple country feeds from your domain
GOOGLE SHOPPING FEED FORMAT MODIFICATIONS:
Polyvore can accept Google Shopping feeds with the following modifications:
1. size_type (optional) Indicates special sizing of the product, if any. If none, or unsized, please indicate “Regular”.
More information on 'size_type' can be found here.
2. Labels for Product Groups (optional) |
We are able to accommodate one label per product at this time. If your brand uses more than one label in your Google Shopping feed, please specify to your Polyvore representative which of the following should be used to create your Polyvore Product Groups:
Please specify which label field to use at the time you submit the feed. You may also add the Polyvore feed field “cpc_labels” to hold your Product Group labels, in place of using one of the Google Shopping Feedlabel/roup fields. If no label is specified, our default is the Polyvore category taxonomy.
3. cpc_tracking_url (aka. Product-Level tracking; optional) The URL used to track this specific product in the Polyvore Promoted Products program. You may include a redirect URL containing tracking tags that specify Polyvore as the source. We will ignore redirect_url from your Google Shopping feed, so if you want to use product-level tracking, please append this additional column in your feed. If no product-level cpc_tracking_url is provided, the static advertiser-level tracking parameters will be used.
More information on 'cpc_tracking_url ' can be found here.
FOR MERCHANTS SELLING PRE-OWNED GOODS:
- Include “Pre-owned” at beginning of item title
- Do not include sold out items
- ‘Price’ indicates the ongoing selling price on the merchant’s site, not the item’s price when new
- ‘Sale_price’ indicates the seller has lowered the ongoing selling price (temporarily or in close-out)
More information on 'For Other Merchant Notes' can be found here.
2. ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN RELIABLE FILE TRANSFERS
- Polyvore will attempt to load your feed once per day
- If your server is down or your file is otherwise not successfully obtained, your items may automatically be marked out of stock, removing them from Polyvore’s Shop until a future feed load attempt is successful
3. INITIAL FEED REVIEW
- Prior to being included in Polyvore’s Shop, our team will review your final feed file, delivered via a URL, and provide comments. Comments may include addressing any typos or other errors, changes to formatting, suggestions for improving free-form fields like title and description, requests for higher quality images, etc.
- Your products will only be included in Polyvore’s Shop after passing this initial review and addressing any required changes
4. RELIABLE AND RESPONSIVE CONTACT
- After the initial review, Polyvore may still need to contact you from time to time regarding problems with your feed. Your point person must be able to respond and provide required updates to your feed within 2 business days.
- Any large updates we make to the format of the feed requiring further action from your team will either be backward compatible or a transition will be made over a longer time period. The 2 business day time window is not applicable here, but instead to problems and errors encountered with part or all of your feed.
5. ADVERTISER-LEVEL TRACKING PARAMETERS
- We support Google Analytics, Coremetrics and Adobe Site Catalyst
- Supported replacement variables include <LANDING_PAGE_URL> AND <KEYWORD>, which we will dynamically replace at run-time with the values of these variables (e.g. <KEYWORD> would be replaced with “skirts”. All other variables must be static.
- This will be used as your advertiser-level tracking template, and in the case where Product-Level tracking is being used, will only serve as a backup
For additional questions, please log in to your Promoted Products Report and click 'Support' under the 'More' tab.